Thread: Printer Authentication

Beans

Printer Authentication

Hi,

I just transferred my work PC to Xubuntu 18.04.02 and I am trying to setup printing to a Sharp 3570n Multifunction. I have been able to add the printer with the IP etc but when going into the properties there is no area to add authentication for the printer. Our printers require authentication (Username and Password) to be able to print.

I tried downloading the latest drivers from the Sharp website, which had more options but I still could not find Authentication options

Am I searching in the wrong place?

Has anyone else here been able to setup a printer with authentication on the printer?

Thanks
    Chris

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Printer Authentication

Beans

Hi,

Thanks for the links but I know how to install it on windows, I'm trying to install it on xubuntu and there appears no ability to add authentication like the windows clients that we have, which means I just can't print.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

...appears no ability to add authentication like the windows clients
    Sounds to me like it is Windows constraint. Have you discussed your issues with your IT Support?
    Cheers,

The Linux Command Line at http://linuxcommand.org/

Beans

I am the IT Support.

I'm just so surprised all of the workplaces that I have worked at have authentication on printing so Linux printing will never work?

The Authentication is on the printer and requires a Username and Password to be built into the driver. It works on Mac and Windows but not linux support?